Sr. Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world’s health data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to unlock opportunities to accelerate medical research, and help organizations design better ways to facilitate access, affordability, and quality of care leading to better patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, fully remote team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team (no office locations) and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs -- learn more here!
Datavant is looking for software engineers who love big data, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and who share our drive to transform the healthcare industry. In exchange for your time and talent, we'll give you ownership and an unprecedented amount of responsibility from day one.
At Datavant, we believe in learning by doing, so we give you access to our code base on your first day. By the end of your first week, you will have built, fixed (and probably broken!) things in our production code. That’s not only okay; it’s expected. One of our guiding values is "give more responsibility, have fewer rules”.
At Datavant we are excited to meet engineers who problem solve, build, and understand the methodologies and underlying concepts of software engineering. As an experienced leader, you will join the team with the autonomy and decision rights to immediately begin shaping our healthcare data ecosystem for our clients. Our goal is to connect the world’s health data and as a Senior Engineer you will work on the architecture and design level solutioning of our product while also driving implementation and helping to mentor other team members. If you are looking for a rapidly growing engineering team focused on delivering meaningful impact through innovative technology solutions, this is the team and role for you!
- Lead the engineering, scalability and overall development of your products
- Guide other engineers in growing the most cutting edge solutions for our health data eco -system
- Work with Product and other business groups to drive innovation and deliver for our clients
- Stay abreast of current technology trends and leverage best practices to develop our groundbreaking solutions
What You Bring To The Table:
- Exceptional at writing scalable, production-ready code (tech stack doesn't matter -- it can be learned on the job)
- Strong competence in building and scaling data flows
- Great at working with non-artificial intelligence: good team player, and exceptional communicator
- Readiness to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excitement about the ambiguity of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company, and able to juggle many projects and responsibilities code reviews, disseminating requirements to the team
- 6+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer who still codes, performs code reviews and works on design and architecture of applications with a focus on Full Stack.
- Demonstrated experience with leading projects, migrations, leading from the front.
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting The World's Health Data to Improve Health Outcomes