Associate Content Strategist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: Associate content strategists are tackling a new writing challenge every day, but there are a few constants: As a member of our team of expert writers, you’ll collaborate with our account strategists, ad specialists, and production whizzes to achieve our clients’ goals and tell the right story from start to finish. You’ll put your unique spin on copy while mastering industry best practices. And you’ll craft arguments that lead to real change – change the future depends on.
If you’re eager to hone the voices of some top charities and big names in politics or to flex your creative muscles with a team that’s as skilled in gif selection as we are in generating opens and clicks, then we’d love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Writing email, website, advertising, and social media copy;
- Working with client teams to maintain compelling, authentic voice for world-changing nonprofit leaders, Democratic elected officials and political challengers;
- Working with client teams to contribute to multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Contributing to collaborative brainstorms and planning sessions; and
- Analyzing performance to determine future messaging.
- Introductory experience, including internships, writing speeches or emails in someone else’s voice, creating content for a team or page, or writing for a school paper;
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas;
- Comfort receiving feedback and addressing both written and live edits;
- A curiosity to both find the right words and understand why they fit best; and
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Background in political campaigns or with a nonprofit is preferred; and
- Experience reviewing and optimizing based on digital metrics is a plus.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
A resume, cover letter and two writing samples that demonstrate your ability to create engaging and persuasive content.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.