Talent Development Lead
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We're also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child's boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Last year Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We've also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Outschool’s People Operations team is expanding to include a Talent Development Lead. We are looking for someone who is motivated by strengthening our team through continuous skill development and learning, and is committed to reinforcing our position as a leader in the EdTech community by formally bringing our love of learning in-house.
- Enable Outschool employees to discover their unique talents and implicit motivations that will help them craft a career path that’s right for them
- Use a variety of tools to set up processes, programs and practices that reinforce a growth mindset and are grounded in furthering Outschool’s DEI initiatives, using data to evaluate utilization and efficacy
- Identify, design and facilitate training sessions for our high-growth teams with Outschool’s signature empathy and curiosity
- Evaluate and outsource training vendors where appropriate
- Collaborate with Outschool leaders to design, develop, and modify learning experiences in both asynchronous and live formats, supporting differences in learning styles
- Manage two company-wide Performance Review cycles annually, championing best practices that promote fairness and equity across the company
- Work with managers and their direct reports to increase effective use of Professional Development funds
- Work cross functionally: coordinate with Outschool’s Accounting team to track all Professional Development usage, and collaborate with Outschool’s Legal team to track and facilitate mandated Compliance training
- Partner with Outschool’s People Operations team as a culture carrier, helping to codify Outschool’s values, improve employee experience, and support projects on Outschool’s People Operations team as needed
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in a talent development, training, or learning and development role
- A track record of enabling people to grow in their careers and find their unique path
- Motivation to be a lifelong learner - passion for continued skill development
- Experience building and administering a Learning Management System
- Experience working on a fully-distributed team
At Outschool, we believe that taking care of one another enables us to do our best work. To us that means:
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to neurodiverse individuals, applicants with physical and mental disabilities, and disabled veterans. For individuals who would like to request an accommodation, you may reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your Recruiting point of contact as you schedule your initial interview.
Benefits packages are included for full-time employees only.
Full-time employees must be a citizen or legal residents of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Set learning free!