About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in New York, Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey, and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
CAMP will open stores in Los Angeles, CA, and other major markets in the coming months.
What is the Role?
CAMP is looking for a Concept Illustrator to support the design of themed experiences at CAMP. As a Concept Illustrator, you will report to CAMP’s VP of Experience Design and work on the CAMP Labs team. You will assist in the visual expression and development of new theme concepts.
You will be responsible for working within our Experience Design team to deliver high quality conceptual sketches and illustrations for interactive and immersive themed experiences according to internal processes and CAMP best practices. This role includes sketching, illustration, and 3D modeling. A portfolio of sketches and illustrations (hand or digital) conveying interior/scenic/themed environments is required. This is not an industrial design role.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Creating conceptual sketches and illustrations to convey important moments in themed experiences
- Building conceptual design models in collaboration with the rest of the design team, using Rhino, Sketchup, and/or other modeling programs
- Making thoughtful, creative contributions and work to elevate the concept via the design process
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 2-5 years work experience in experiential or scenic design
- You are able to communicate ideas through rough sketching and develop those ideas into detailed concept illustrations and hero art
- You are proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- You are proficient in Rhino
- Sketchup, Revit, 3DS, or AutoCAD experience is a bonus
- Openness to receiving design feedback, and skill in incorporating feedback in an iterative process
- Comfort working independently and remotely, effectively managing your time to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated business communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you, and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Can work remotely in certain predetermined states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, and Texas
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason (including pregnancy) not to be vaccinated
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Family Experience Store