Associate, Impact and Operations
Our culture is built on a foundation of principles that guide our attitudes, behaviors and interactions in the workplace. We look for people to join our team who are trustworthy, excellent, risk-takers – and who are committed to equity. Team members who are trustworthy look to build connections with others, are open to feedback and cultivate a culture of caring and respect. We strive for excellence by driving toward measurable results and consistently growing our knowledge and skills for maximum impact. We look to take risks by demonstrating curiosity and finding new, innovative ways of working. We strive to create a work environment rooted in equity where all members of our team feel a sense of belonging, are treated fairly and have the ability to have to use their voices to effectively advance our mission.
The Associate, Impact and Operations is a member of Impact and Operations team and is based in Schusterman's Atlanta, GA office. The Associate be directly working in support of both the Communications and REALITY teams, and will work with the Director, Impact and Operations to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency by providing operational leadership and support in the Atlanta office, to include financial management, preparation and management of contracts to support team initiatives, as well as serving as a liaison with other departments within Schusterman to integrate their functions into the team. The Associate will also ensure the Atlanta office is adequately maintained and will provide general office operations and administrative support to the teams.
Operations (includes payments, contracts, budgeting) (40%)
- Enter requests for payment (i.e., invoices, grants, employee expense reports, etc.) into the accounting system, facilitate the online approval of the payments and serve as the financial point of contact to vendors and grantees related to such
- Draft vendor contract agreements and contract amendments for review and approval, send for signature and create/maintain contract records in Salesforce.
- Submit monthly financial tracking reports to REALITY and Communications team leadership and review financial progress with leadership on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with the creation of REALITY and Communications team’s annual budgets.
- Manage usage of the Atlanta office corporate credit card and monthly reconciliation of charges.
- Assist with onboarding new staff members to the Atlanta office, including completing I-9 verifications, drafting onboarding schedules, providing office tours, and ensuring workstations are set up.
- Organize and distribute agenda and meetings materials for monthly staff meetings and assist with the planning of team retreats.
Office Management (20%)
- Submit, coordinate, and oversee service and ongoing general maintenance requests for the Atlanta office, including collecting and maintaining Certificates of Insurance (COI) for vendors providing these services.
- Serve as the Return to Office Workplace Coordinator (COVID-related), temperature scanner, providing PPE supplies, sanitizing conference rooms after external meetings, monitoring air scrubbers, etc.
- Serve as liaison to the Schusterman Technology team to coordinate all onsite technology support services, such as AV support requests, new equipment set-up, etc.
- Serve as a liaison to the Schusterman Talent & HR team to facilitate onsite onboarding for newly hired employees including I-9 verifications, office orientation and security.
- Set-up, organize and keep Atlanta office spaces (i.e., meeting rooms, kitchen, work room, etc.) clean and stocked.
- Order and stock general office and other supplies.
- Contribute to office space planning needs and projects.
- Assist the Communications team with drafting and facilitating approval of grant agreements, maintaining final grant agreements, and administering
- Serve as the technological Product Owner for REALITY, representing the team on bi-weekly technology operating meetings.
Cross-Org Operations (10%)
- Participate in bi-weekly cross-org Impact and Operations meeting.
- Participate in small working groups with other Impact and Operations staff to tackle various cross-org projects.
- Assist Director, Impact and Operations with various other projects.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Building trusting relationships with colleagues and REALITY alumni.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrating a commitment to valuing equity and diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Managing and organizing activities and projects effectively and efficiently.
- Maintaining a clear perspective between the overall picture and the details.
- Creating forums and opportunities for team members to share ideas.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment, and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- 3-5 years of relevant professional administrative operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Previous experience working within a foundation or relevant nonprofit organization is a plus.
- High comfort level in working with different technologies and getting into the weeds with tech systems.
- Alignment with the mission and values of Schusterman, including our commitment to equity and diversity of race, gender, class, and life experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate issues of race, identity, and equity in grantmaking, data and technology work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues on and across teams, current and potential grantees and with national and international partners.
- Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product
- Close attention to detail, willingness to be hands-on as necessary, high degree of flexibility in attitude and working style and ability to work independently.
- An ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately, especially those requiring all Schusterman employees to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding business and personal matters of Schusterman, its trustees and its officers.
- Excellent judgment, integrity, loyalty, an ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of basic web skills required. Experience in Salesforce and Fluxx a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 10 days annually.
Competitive salary band of $75,000 - $95,000 based on experience and Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.