Temporary Leader Success Strategist
This is a fully remote position for anyone in the continental US, but there is a slight preference for the person in this role to be based in Cincinnati, Detroit, or Memphis. This is a temporary position through September 2022. When we reassess our staffing needs in September, the candidate in this position would be well-positioned to move into a possible permanent version of this role.
Please note, ioby is currently also hiring for a permanent version of this role that will be working Pacific Time hours. If you would like to be considered for both, please submit your cover letter/resume for each job separately.
ioby is a national non-profit crowdfunding platform that mobilizes neighbors across the country to become powerful leaders who plan, fund and make positive change in their neighborhoods. We are creating a future in which our neighborhoods are shaped by the powerful good ideas of our own neighbors.
ioby seeks a Leader Success Strategist to join our Leader Success Team. The Leader Success Team provides fundraising coaching to ioby Leaders (novice and experienced fundraisers from across the country) and helps enhance our online and offline platform to better serve ioby Leaders. The Leader Success Team works closely with the City Action Strategist Team, a team with current staff located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Detroit to deliver our place-based strategy of building the fundraising capacity of residents.
Reporting to the Success Manager, the Strategist will work 1:1 with ioby Leaders to ensure their success through relationship building and delivery of ioby's 1:1 coaching model. He/she/they will own relationships from beginning-to-end, working with ioby Leaders to understand, adopt and successfully leverage ioby’s crowdfunding services and product for their specific fundraising needs. Responsibilities include providing proactive outreach to ioby Leaders and tailored fundraising advice; direct 1:1 communication and feedback to ioby Leaders about their online story and fundraising plan; customer relationship and account management; technical assistance; data collection and activity tracking using ioby's backend and Customer Relationship Management systems, all with the goal to support local civic leaders from across the country in reaching their fundraising goals.
As a tech nonprofit, ioby has a fast-paced environment that constantly evolves to the next level of improved service to ioby Leaders around the country. You’ll be expected to bring new ideas and strategies and bring an attitude of continuous improvement to contribute to our culture of innovation. For the right candidate, this direct customer-interfacing role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a mission-driven, community-based organization that is contributing to a broad movement of resident-led neighborhood development.
This job is fully remote, but may require very occasional attendance at ioby events locally or domestic travel for events like ioby staff retreats. ioby will always take current pandemic status into account before asking staff to travel or attend in-person events.
ioby’s current regular business hours are 9am - 6pm EST Monday through Friday. Hours are somewhat flexible, but you’ll be expected to manage your own balanced workweek based on the demands of the job.
For more information about ioby, visit ioby.org.
- Proactively advise and coach ioby Leaders by phone and email to successfully leverage ioby’s crowdfunding platform as a fundraising tool, awareness campaign and capacity-building mechanism for their important neighborhood work;
- Build strong relationships with ioby Leaders that increase adoption of ioby’s services and product through informative, engaging and thorough outreach;
- Provide tailored and timely fundraising advice to help ioby Leaders reach their fundraising goals;
- Serve as a central point of contact for all communications relating to ioby Leaders’ fundraising campaigns, provide a high level of client service from intake to disbursement;
- Participate in, and assist with, team and cross-team projects to enhance ioby’s ability to effectively serve ioby Leaders.
Relationship Management, Fundraising Coaching, Sales, and Service (65%):
- Manage the ioby Leader (customer) experience during the planning for and duration of a crowdfunding campaign
- Provide expert advice, fundraising coaching, customer service, and technical assistance to ioby Leaders, delivered 1:1 by phone, email and other direct communication methods; this includes collaboratively making a plan for fundraising, with the goal of increasing ioby’s already high campaign success rate;
- Make recommendations, provide copy editing feedback on drafted online crowdfunding stories, campaign messaging and other fundraising communications;
- Deliver customer solutions and fundraising interventions, as needed, to accelerate customer’s fundraising success, satisfaction and organization conversion rates;
- Administer light website content management including minor changes to fundraising pages using basic html, text and image formatting tools;
- Troubleshoot and report website issues experienced by leaders;
- Record and track relationship management details and client activities using Salesforce CRM system, customer service ticketing software, and other client management tools.
Cross Team Project Management and Organizational Growth (20%):
- Continuously iterate on the Success Team’s workflow and model to improve the quality of service delivery and increase the percentage of incoming ioby Leaders who launch and complete an ioby campaign;
- Identify new opportunities for Leader support by working with staff to create fundraising resources and recommending helpful tools;
- Regularly share ioby Leader success stories and campaign outcomes with communications and other teams for promotion to social media and blog and for relationship building and education to funders and partners;
- Be an advocate and voice of the ioby Leader during collaboration with other teams such as product, finance, growth and match programs with the goal to improve the ioby experience;
- Contribute to the Success Team's annual and monthly strategic planning cycle to support individual and team goals.
Participate in building ioby’s organizational culture and being a proactive teammate (15%):
- Participate in virtual staff meetings, team retreats, weekly team updates in Slack, etc;
- Complete virtual professional development sessions to become familiar with ioby’s management practices;
- Serve on future hiring committees as needed as the ioby team grows;
- Respond to assigned administrative tasks from other teammates in a timely manner.
Candidates for this position must have the following experience:
- Experience building relationships over the phone or by email with a track record of client happiness, success and satisfaction;
- Experience providing excellent consultative services and advice to customers with varying degrees of understanding of company’s industry, product or services;
- Experience delivering technical or complex information plainly, in both verbal and written forms;
- Experience identifying and resolving customer concerns and critical customer needs, as appropriate, with a high level of empathy, tact, autonomy;
- Experience expertly managing a high volume of clients at any given time.
An exceptional candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience managing customer contact, sales leads information and sales opportunities in Salesforce or other CRM system
- Experience with grassroots fundraising and online crowdfunding;
- Experience working with or as part of a sales team or sales process to meet organizational sales and retention goals, preferably in a service environment;
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector;
- Experience with basic website content management, including working knowledge of formatting tools for text and images;
- Experience working in Freshdesk or other similar customer support and ticketing system.
Candidates for this position must have the following characteristics:
- At least 3 years of professional experience or bachelor’s degree, and 1-3 years of customer service, community outreach or account management;
- Strong organizational skills: very good at organizing and prioritizing tasks;
- Able to quickly understand complex systems and contribute ideas to their optimization;
- Natural meticulousness and attention to detail, particularly with regard to following processes and entering data into systems;
- Desire to work in a multiracial organization in the middle of a Racial Equity Framework process;
- Strong interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and team orientation;
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Enjoys regularly working on the phone, and is able to respond to emails quickly, effectively, and professionally;
- Love of engaging strangers with patience and kindness in a timely manner;
- Comfortable with, and excited about, working with a high volume and diverse group of customers;
- Ability to think on your feet;
- Curiousness, genuine interest in technology; willingness to learn and excel in the use of new software;
- Ability and willingness to navigate frequent workflow changes;
- Comfort in juggling competing priorities; meeting deadlines; mindful to promptly resolve time-sensitive requests; self-starter;
- Proficiency in math; comfortable with light accounting;
- Team player;
- Enjoys working as part of a distributed staff;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, Google Drive products, and Dropbox;
- Willingness to incorporate the following online collaboration software into your daily work and work in a transparent manner in shared systems with teammates: Asana, Freshdesk, DocuSign, Slack, Bill.com, Salesforce, etc.
An exceptional candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Passionate about grassroots fundraising;
- A basic understanding of and interest in neighborhoods, community development, urban planning, and civic technology;
- Experience working in organizations with a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion framework;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
This is a full-time, salaried position and includes a generous benefit package (including full coverage for health, vision, and dental; 27 vacation days; 10 sick days; at least 8 holidays; a 401(k); and an attractive "Whole Person" policy).
ioby sets salary bands in three regions.
Region 1 is for locations that are 80%-100% of the cost of living of New York or San Francisco.
Region 2 is for locations that are 36%-79% of the cost of living of New York or San Francisco; for employees in Region B we pay 85% of Region A.
Region 3 is for locations that are less than 36% of the cost of living of New York or San Francisco; for employees in Region C we pay 75% of Region A.
The salary range for this position in Region 1 is $46,000 - $51,000, Region 2 is $41,000 - $51,000, Region 3 is $40,500 - $51,000
ioby's Non Discrimination Policy:
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA people are always strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Please apply via Workable with your resume and cover letter by May 15th, 2022. No calls please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.