Scrum Lead, Engineering
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re a team player who understands that the needs of the project and group come first. You’re excited by the opportunity to continuously learn, and you’re passionate about training and coaching others to reach their flow. You are ready to do whatever it takes to achieve success for your team, and are eager to motivate others in this mission as well.
As a Scrum Leader, you will be working on our technology platform. You will work collaboratively with engineering, product and design leaders to coordinate team level planning and dependency management. Your role entails participating in regular check-ins with agile working groups, helping keep deliverables on track, and driving change as you anticipate how others might be impacted.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- You will demonstrate Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally.
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams within your team, helping to establish the rhythm in delivering great software.
- You will continuously assess your program teams’ Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great software to our customers quickly, often and safely.
- You will participate in Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows.
- Maintain outcome driven roadmaps, detailed project timelines and make adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the program
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential risks to the success of initiatives you lead
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders as it relates to your teams’ initiatives.
- You will foster trust and collaboration across the team(s); make it safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear.
- You will foster the continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Scrum Leader, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and coach teams to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 1-3 years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- CSM, SAFe certification would be a plus.
- Experience in assisting teams use effectively the tools needed to execute on a sprint-by-sprint basis
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
Please Note: In accordance with New York City public health requirements, and because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.