Corporate Office HR Manager
Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales.
Vi’s corporate office is located in downtown Chicago and employs 90+ professionals. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and Employee Relations this position manages various aspects of human resources including employee relations, performance management, training and development, recruitment and selection, compensation & benefits and administration of HR policies and programs. In addition, this position supports company-wide employee relations strategic initiatives, practices and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages full lifecycle recruiting for assigned corporate office positions.
- Creates onboarding plans and conducts new employee orientation, including benefits orientation.
- Manages leave administration, compensation and benefits programs, workers comp, and unemployment compensation.
- Assists in the performance appraisal and merit increase process.
- Supports the annual employee survey process and partners with Director of Human Resources and Employee Relations to develop and execute subsequent improvement programs building a great workplace culture.
- Plans and manages employee meetings and events.
- Manages the company’s employee hotline complaint intake process and distributes the complaint to the appropriate party.
- Conducts investigations which include employee complaints, workplace issues, and allegations of employee misconduct for the corporate office and may assist, when necessary, with community investigations.
- Leads analysis and reporting on company issues and trends identified through the Company’s exit interview and complaint resolution systems. Follows-up on issues and makes recommendations, as necessary.
- Manages the Company’s drug testing program including policy administration, coordination of random testing, compliance support and reporting to the FMCSA Clearinghouse. Provides guidance on the Company’s Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Ensures I-9 compliance and maintains I-9 and other legal/compliance documents.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll.
The highly accomplished professional we seek will have a minimum of 5 years prior HR generalist experience with 2 years’ experience in recruiting and employee relations including conducting investigations. Must possess, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to organize and prioritize effectively, excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills. Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and HRIS systems.
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Legal or related field is required, PHR certification a plus. Strong knowledge of Federal and State laws and compliance requirements.
Vi offers competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Your application has been successfully submitted.