Brunch & Budget Operations Associate - 100% Virtual
About Brunch & Budget and the role:
Brunch & Budget is growing fast and we are looking to hire a full time Operations Associate. We need someone who loves all the things about operations, processes and technology. You are unafraid to think big and, at the same time willing to roll up your sleeves and do the hard work.
We are a small company and there is a lot of behind the scenes work that makes our company function and stand out from others. We want you to be involved and invested in the operations and processes that we use to serve our clients and give them a truly magical experience.
Here’s what we need from you:
- We are not micromanagers and need someone who is a self-starter. This job requires the ability to manage yourself and your own schedule.
- Having experience and comfortability around different technology and a vision for how it can support our client relationships is huge in this role. This is vital for the client experience.
- Prior experience researching and testing different tech platforms, not being afraid to dive in and assessing if it’s the right fit for us is needed.
- Experienced with Zapier and creating “zaps” so different tech platforms can talk to each other to improve our processes
- You have previously created/audited processes and procedures to streamline all different types of workflows including internal and client facing.
- You will need to be able to communicate remotely via messaging, video calls, and emails throughout the day.
- We are a virtual firm so transparent, internal communication is vital.
- None of us know all the answers, but we’ve learned that by talking things through as a team and working it out together, we can come up with some pretty amazing solutions.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Managing the client on-boarding and off-boarding process for all of our Budge, Nudge and See Change clients.
- Updating and monitoring any changes needed to our payment system including contacting clients of unsuccessful payments and helping them with any payment issues they are having.
- Sending out client agreements and ensuring all contracts are signed correctly and saved.
- Troubleshooting occasional issues with our technology as needed.
- Create documentation of all our internal and external processes and procedures. Keeping it all up to date and making changes as processes get updated.
- Tracking our client appointments and making sure all of our clients are meeting with their Planner regularly.
- Ensuring all client data in our CRM is correctly captured and noted as needed for us to remain compliant.
- Working on different operations projects as needed.
- Continuously audit our technology and procedures and brainstorm new ideas and platforms to help the client experience be as smooth as possible.
- Work with the Director of Operations on compliance items such as monthly compliance checklists, assisting with annual state filings, making sure state renewals and payment deadlines are met.
Our business model and services:
Our goal is to make financial planning as accessible as possible for as many people as possible. All our services can be found at brunchandbudget.com/services. To learn more about the inner workings of our business model and processes, you can listen to a recent Michael Kitces interview: https://www.kitces.com/blog/pamela-capalad-brunch-budget-budge-nudge-pockets-see-change-monthly-mx-moneyguide/
- This is a full time position. Once you are fully trained you will have more flexibility with creating your work schedule.
- We have always been a virtual company, so we have an established culture around working remotely. Working remotely can mean more flexibility, but also more responsibility, communication, and self management.
- Compensation - the pay range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 annually
- We are looking to start someone in this position as soon as possible.
- You do not need to have a financial background for this role.
- We do have benefits!
- We cover 100% towards silver-tier health insurance coverage (after the first two months)
- 401k with 3% match (after the first year)
- We don’t track vacation/PTO days (just get the work done)
- A company laptop for work purposes
- $200 annually towards your home office needs
- Company Holidays/Time Off -
- Memorial Day
- MLK Day
- Presidents Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Employee’s Birthday (every employee can take their birthday off)
- Full week of Thanksgiving
- Last 2 weeks in December and 1st week in January (3 weeks total)
To apply, please submit a short video telling us about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for this position and at Brunch & Budget (3 mins or less), your resume, and a link to your LinkedIn profile to Nicole[AT]brunchandbudget[DOT]com. We’ll reach out to you if we’d like to speak with you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your Recipe for Wealth Starts Here: Financial Planning, Coaching, and Advocacy