Email Fundraising Campaign Director (Remote, Temporary) at MoveOn
Temporary/Full-time • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
Ends Nov. 30, 2022
Apply here https://grnh.se/4ba6662e1us
Application deadline: June 17, 2022
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration, and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2022, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement, and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice and more. In service of that mission, in 2022 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
The Email Fundraising Team at MoveOn is responsible for the majority of fundraising revenue brought in to MoveOn each year. The team is made up of a group of specialists with expertise in writing, campaigning, and identifying fundraisable tactics that will engage MoveOn’s multi-million member audience. The team works closely with other fundraising departments as well as campaigners, organizers, elections staff, and technical teams to accomplish their goals.
MoveOn is seeking an email fundraising specialist to help drive MoveOn’s digital fundraising efforts in the lead up to the 2022 midterm elections in order to support the overall work done by MoveOn to elect Democrats and progressives and prevent the GOP from retaking control of Congress.
- You will have your pulse on the political news, the progressive movement, and MoveOn members in order to develop concepts for fundraising emails that inspire grassroots energy to chip in financially to make MoveOn’s work possible.
- You will write, write, write. You’ll draft compelling, well-argued, and factually substantive fundraising emails that will motivate members to donate to MoveOn’s campaigns.
- You will maintain a keen attention to detail, using our CRM to test, analyze, and optimize emails.
- You will consult and collaborate with campaigners to articulate thorough campaign plans that engage and empower members and inspire them to give.
- You will play a key role in MoveOn’s fundraising program. To support MoveOn’s efforts in 2022, you’ll work under tight deadlines, stick to rigorous drafting and testing schedules, and be ready to rush out rapid-response tests when news breaks. Since this is an election period, this isn’t a job that will fit neatly within traditional business hours, but our team strives to maintain a good work-life balance.
- You’ll make your colleagues’ work better (and your colleagues will do the same for you). In addition to writing original drafts, you will offer everything from minor edits to major overhauls to your colleagues’s draft emails and other fundraising content to make them more engaging, compelling, timely, developed, and full of plans that excite MoveOn members and inspire them to give.
A successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for an online audience. You must have a proven track record of writing strong emails in a variety of styles that motivate activists to act; a proven track record of writing strong fundraising emails is also a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to think analytically. You must be able to stick to demanding schedules, clearly communicate with colleagues as timelines change, and manage multiple drafts simultaneously.
- Skill, sensitivity, and thoughtfulness around race, gender, class, and other aspects of identity. MoveOn’s Email Fundraising Team uses an equity framework to ensure all drafts include an equity lens. You need to have the sensitivity and skill to engage in nuanced conversations about these topics in your internal and external communications.
- Team spirit. MoveOn has a big, important impact on the world, with just a relatively small staff. This requires us to work together, trust each other, communicate honestly, and pitch in on all major projects, as well as on daily tasks, large and small.
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years of email fundraising experience, or comparable email writing experience for political campaigns or issue advocacy groups.
- Extensive experience working in CRMs (ideally ActionKit) to load, produce, and send emails to users/members.
- Strong experience in progressive politics and/or issue advocacy campaigns.
- Understanding of HTML and the ability to work with and analyze SQL queries.
Reports to: Director of Email Fundraising
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position is $111,000. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 annually and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer a $1000 in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.