Platform Campaign Manager (Remote 2022)
Full-time • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
Apply here https://grnh.se/b255586c1us
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration, and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2022, 2023, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement, and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice and more. In service of that mission, in 2021 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
MoveOn’s petition platform is a powerful tool to empower progressive leaders, partners, and action takers who form the foundation of our vibrant national MoveOn community. This online campaigning platform supports tens of thousands of petitions started by individual MoveOn members and partner organizations—with millions of signatures collected—each year. It provides members and partners with a set of tools and access to an engaged community that can help them win campaigns at the local, state, and national levels. This enables MoveOn members and partner organizations to campaign on progressive issues that span the entire country and creates a powerful, nuanced listening tool that helps us identify and elevate powerful campaigns that deeply engage progressives.
The Campaign Manager, Petitions Platform will play a key role in supporting the campaigns that move through MoveOn’s petitions platform from petition to successful campaign, bringing in new members as campaigns grow. Working closely with a skilled and collaborative campaigns team, you’ll guide our work to focus on the issues that matter most to our members by supporting, optimizing, and amplifying game-changing member, influencer, and partner-led campaigns, as well as supporting opportunities to grow our member base to increase collective impact and collaboration across our Mobile and Email teams.
Our team is looking for a driven leader who is detail-oriented, creative, collaborative, equity-focused, interested in supporting campaigns across the progressive movement, and is energized by the power of grassroots organizing. If you’re passionate about helping people run strategic, impactful digital campaigns, and leading many of those campaigns yourself, this job is for you!
- Contribute to rapid response campaigns: Regularly write and test clear, compelling, shareable, and creative emails, SMS broadcasts, ads, and petition language that inspires people to support progressive campaigns. In crucial campaign moments, provide support to other campaigns across MoveOn.
- Daily platform management: Manage tactics, tools, and processes to amplify, identify and elevate the strongest newsworthy campaigns using email, social media, or other ways of communication, as well as updating processes, creating documentation for external and internal stakeholders, and tracking progress towards growth and campaign goals.
- Drive towards concrete growth outcomes: Surface and execute optimizations, integrations, and tactics on our petitions platform in order to drive towards growing our member base on mobile and email to support organizational goals.
- Build a ladder of engagement: Work with teams across the organization to ensure that petition starters and signers are retained through direct engagement, building optimized campaigns, and focused on retention and leadership development for members.
- Collaborate across departments and teams: Collaborate across numerous teams and departments to support and amplify compelling digital campaigns, as well as deepening opportunities for growth through engagement of social media audiences, mobile integrations, etc.
- Support volunteer team working on petitions platform: Liaise with volunteers who are supporting petitions platform through training on how to use the tools, researching new campaigns, and coaching petition starters and volunteers on campaign support.
A successful candidate will …
- like teamwork, but can work independently day to day
- can plan and manage complex projects under deadlines
- are low-ego and high-output
- can change direction quickly and frequently (“build it, test it, iterate quickly”)
- like innovating and collaborating with a hard-working team; has a desire to work in a virtual office
- are agile in their communications across video and conference calls, email, and Slack.
Required skills and experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-stakes, state-wide and/or nationally visible environment
- Deep understanding of organizing principles and how to execute strategic, impactful campaigns that center those most impacted by various issues
- Minimum 3 years of digital organizing or organizing experience.
- Attention to detail and an affinity for creating scalable solutions
- Data-minded thinker with strong campaigning and storytelling instincts and the ability to make decisions based on these factors
- Able to review quantitative and qualitative data to surface optimizations and opportunities for improvement
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn about all issues big and small, national and local, in alignment with MoveOn’s priority campaigns and policy agenda
- Able to work collaboratively across the organization by building relationships with colleagues and build consensus on mutual goal setting
- Deep knowledge digital organizing technology tools—including, but not limited to, our petitions platform, email system, and database—and to keep learning as new tools come into existence or as you devise new tactics
- Creative thinker who is open to trying new ideas and envisioning compelling tactics to engage our various audiences on important issues
Reports to: Platform Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position is $88,000. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 annually and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer a $1000 in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.