Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Location: Remote within the United States – Atlanta, GA metro area preferred
Compensation: $75,000-$85,000 plus benefits
What we do:
Hopebound works to revolutionize access to mental health support for young people from historically marginalized communities.
Hopebound ensures adolescents, centering those with marginalized identities, receive the accessible, high-quality, culturally competent, and child-centered mental health care they deserve. We utilize emerging master’s and doctoral level clinicians as our providers, many of whom share the background of our youth, and focus on providing them with expert training to ensure that the low cost of their services does not translate to a lower quality of care.
Hopebound is looking for a passionate leader to join our startup nonprofit organization who is excited to help us accelerate our growth so that we can reach more adolescents in need. To succeed in this role, you should be detail-oriented, creative, and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Director of Operations will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This person will work strategically throughout the organization to identify and assess current structural pain points, work to streamline systems, and create leaner and more effective processes for implementation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations will serve as a thought partner to the ED and will define the operational direction of Hopebound. With the priority of improving coordination within the staff team, the Director of Operations will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all operational aspects of Hopebound’s work.
Remote and in-person work balance:
The ideal candidate will be located within the Atlanta metro area with a dedicated home office space. Most weeks, the Hopebound team works remotely four days a week and in-person in Atlanta one day a week. This candidate would be encouraged to join weekly meetings in-person in Atlanta, if personal circumstances allowed. For candidates outside of the area, weekly travel to Atlanta would not be expected.
Administrative support of Hopebound programs (50% of time)
- Coordinate the administrative onboarding process of clients, clinicians, and licensed clinical supervisors.
- Support caregivers’ engagement with Hopebound’s programming. Act as the main point of contact for the caregivers (parents/guardians) of adolescent clients before counseling begins and throughout the duration of counseling. Work with caregivers in the completion of intake forms and other necessary paperwork.
- Track client participation with the Hopebound program, entering client information into Hopebound’s database, tracking client data, and communicating with clients via automated systems.
- Act as the main point of contact for clinicians before the academic year begins and throughout the duration of the academic year.
- Coordinate the administrative process of ongoing in-person or virtual training sessions and social hours.
- Monitor clinician systems and processes, ensuring that clinicians are capturing notes, reporting clients with patterns of absence, administering assessments, and following Hopebound internship policies and processes.
- Ensure supervisors are monitoring clinician notes and providing appropriate support.
- Measure impact of Hopebound’s programs and services. Synthesize anonymized data on changes in client wellbeing. Collect and analyze anonymous feedback from clients and families.
- Develop and oversee contracts across the organization to ensure agreements are complete, timely, and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Creation and maintenance of internal systems & structures (50% of time)
- Develop and implement systems and processes to promote organizational collaboration and information sharing.
- Provide recommendations for the adoption and usage of essential digital tools such as a CRM platform, project management software, and/or other tools to be utilized for staff collaboration and process management.
- Maintain and develop operational policies, ensuring they are forward-thinking, compliant, and reflective of Hopebound’s values.
- Be attuned to operations trends and factors at large, and develop recommendations for continuing to evolve how Hopebound operates.
- Monitor general Hopebound inbox and ensure incoming communications are handled by the appropriate staff member.
- Act as the primary point of contact for staff's day-to-day operations and administrative questions.
- Periodically train staff on operations policies.
- Complete other operational tasks and projects as directed by the Executive Director.
- Contribute to team-wide initiatives and projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated passion for accessible mental health care and a basic knowledge of the mental health care industry.
- A substantial amount of experience in nonprofit operations.
- A demonstrated dedication to youth-focused organizations, ideally those who work with youth who hold marginalized identities, including but not limited to being people of color, from a low-income background, and/or being a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
- An affinity towards spreadsheets, Cloud/Drive organization and optimization, and working with details.
- The ability to be a self-starter, beginning initiatives without explicit instructions.
- Familiarity with collaborative tools such as Zoom and Slack; project management software such as Asana, Monday.com, or Notion; CRM software such as SalesForce.
- A demonstrated commitment to service.
- A nimble and effective do-er with the ability to juggle both short- and long-term projects, goals and strategies.
- Comfort taking initiative to communicate their own needs in order to be effective.
- An ability to collaborate with staff and consultants in a remote environment across different locations and time zones.
- Experience utilizing technology as a primary form of communication and project management.
Not sure if you should apply?
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of all qualifications listed here. We value people of all races, genders (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientations, disabilities, citizenships, ages, religions, and national origins and who have different marital statuses, family caregiving responsibilities, lived experiences with the criminal justice systems, and genetic information.
Our organizational values:
In doing this work, we are committed to holding each other accountable, valuing collaboration over competition, being agile while not compromising our values, and upholding integrity to our teammates, our clients, their families, and our partners. With one another, we have fun, over-communicate, apologize quickly, and value kindness over niceness. We express gratitude and acknowledge the work of others.
Lastly, as professionals in the mental health care field, we know how important self-care is and when on the ‘Hopebound plane,’ we are sure to put our oxygen masks on first before assisting others. By being in this field, we also understand that the demands asked of us are great, analogous to being in the exit row on a plane, and we agree to openly communicate to our team if we need to take a step back by moving to a different row.
- Aetna health, dental, and vision insurance
- IRA retirement savings account, with matching contributions of up to 3% of employee’s pre-tax salary
- MetLife life insurance
- One Medical on-demand primary care membership
- Health Advocate healthcare advocacy and assistance service membership
- Teladoc telehealth and telemedicine membership
- One free year of a premium Talkspace teletherapy subscription
- Fifteen days of paid time off with an increase of two additional days per year (up to twenty-five days/year, earned after five years of service).
- Unlimited sick days
- Your birthday (or the closest business day) off
- Quarterly company-wide mental health weeks and monthly mental health days
- All federal holidays off
Hopebound is committed to developing a culture of diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion and to strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. Hopebound is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply and value people of all races, genders (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientations, disabilities, citizenships, ages, religions, and national origins and who have different marital statuses, family caregiving responsibilities, lived experiences with the criminal justice systems, and genetic information. Hopebound does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these characteristics.
Hopebound is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director of Operations – Your First Name” as the subject line. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis; however, first round interviews will begin August 31, and priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply by that time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hopebound works to revolutionize access to mental health and wellness support for young people from historically marginalized communities.