Head of Data
Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with holistic medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
We’re hiring an experienced Data Manager to drive the data strategy for Parsley Health: by championing quality data across the organization and leading functions for data science and analytics along with data engineering.
This person should have knowledge of the healthcare space, specifically related to health outcomes and benchmarks and will report into the Chief Technology Officer.
- Passionate about our mission to live healthier through revolutionary primary care, excited for the future of healthcare, and a personal belief in wellness.
- Collaborate on strategic direction with the leadership team and executives to evolve our mid and long term roadmap
- Support identifying clinical outcomes and publishing papers with the Chief Medical Officer.
- Empower high quality product decisions through data analysis.
- Hands-on manager who will chip in with analysis, presentations, or even engineering.
- Develop machine learning algorithms to better assist our members’ health care needs.
- Foster a strong culture of data-driven decision making through training and mentorship within your team and across the company.
- Implement and maintain a world-class data stack that empowers data consumers with reliable, accessible, compliant insights.
- Consult with data consumers to improve their measurement strategies.
- Manage a small team of four members and grow it to a multi disciplinary function within a few years.
What you’ll need:
- Experienced in building a data strategy for a small team or company. Potentially previously the first data hire at a company (not required).
- Proficient in statistical methods.
- Loves to deep dive into problems and solutioning to identify root causes and be able to extrapolate a big picture strategy or story.
- Helps people with their careers while creating and improving upon structures to enable career growth
- Sets up processes and governance around project management, data quality, prioritization, etc.
- Well versed in SQL, at least one scripting language (R, Python, etc.), Excel, and BI platforms (Looker, Tableau, etc.).
- Dataform (dbt)
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + Employer Matching
- Parsley Health Store: discount on applicable products
- Flexible work environment
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Home office equipment stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
We also recognize that some people - particularly underrepresented groups, such as women and BIPOC - aren’t comfortable applying for a role unless they meet 100% of the listed qualifications. If you’re on the fence or unsure if your experience perfectly matches our job posting, we still encourage you to apply! We have a section of our application where you can explain why you’d be a good fit for this position even if you don’t meet every qualification listed.
In light of recent increase in hiring scams, if you're selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @parsleyhealth.com email address to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the world’s best possible medicine.