Manager, IT Operations & Support
Start Date: December 2022
Location: Remote / Virtual / Work From Home**
** Candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states within 30 days: California, Illinois, Washington D.C, Massachusetts, New York, & Ohio
Salary Range: High $60,000s to High $70,000s
Hiring Manager: Cheryl Leong, AVP, Finance and Administration
About the role
As the Manager, IT Operations & Support you will increase organizational effectiveness for both PHE business units in service of impact in our communities by managing and supporting the project delivery of technology and operations solutions, while providing guidance to overall technology and operations strategy and best practices. You will report directly to the AVP, Finance and Administration.
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
- Manage the technology and long-term operational strategy for PHE by setting and achieving clear objectives and strategies
- Provide support in the effective use of emerging technologies, databases, cloud computing, collaboration, and wireless/remote computing
- Maximize organizational efficiency and impact through technology - promote staff adoption, and identify opportunities for improvements and innovations
- Manage all technology selection initiatives, and develop resources for defining, selecting and implementing new systems including vendor evaluation and selection for technology and operations
Facilities & Operations
- Actively manage vendors and ensure they deliver outstanding levels of service and support by serving as the primary PHE contact
- Manage storage spaces and workspace plans for PHE offices
- Manage facilities contracts, vendors and safety standards
- Manage technology and operations budget
- Manage and develop IT Generalist to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, etc. to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills
- Create and implement effective and relevant staff onboarding and training in conjunction with other departments
- Exemplify to PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally
The Skills You'll Need
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to build healthier communities with young people; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health Equity, Commitment, Communication, Agency, and
- Centers youth inclusion, community partnership, and equity work visibly, broadly, in action in part through deep listening and hearing with a lens of
- 4 years of relevant professional experience working in IT, Business Operations, or similar
- 1+ year of managerial experience
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and execute opportunities for process streamlining and systems automation
- Strong communication (written and verbal), facilitation, and interpersonal abilities
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to problem solve
- Be able to ask questions, communicate challenges, and seek assistance proactively to ensure alignment of priorities and to identify solution options
- Have attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal details, as well as a high level of integrity
- Prior staff management experience and demonstrated experience providing guidance and professional development opportunities for junior level staff
- Education or non-profit sector experience
About the Legacy Finance & Administration team
The small but mighty Finance & Administration team is in charge of three main functions: 1) finance and accounting (from budgeting and ensuring financial sustainability to processing accounts payable); 2) internal technology (monitoring systems and deploying hardware); 3) operations (supporting and managing our nationwide offices). Aren’t we the FTO team? I don’t believe the name of our team changed to Finance & Administration.
About Peer Health Exchange
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national nonprofit organization that builds healthier communities with young people. We operate through two business units, Youth Health Equity Collaboration & Youth Innovation Lab. Together, we create education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions.
About Youth Health Equity Collaboration
We show up for and center thousands of young people, across the nation, in their schools and communities. We partner with high schools and community organizations that share our belief that health education is fundamental to a young person’s success. We are committed to advancing health equity and working in under-resourced communities where the majority of students are living in poverty.
Young people are at the core of what we do and how we do it. From our near-peer model in the classroom where our fellows and high schoolers teach health education in schools across the country, to our presence on social media—the youth choose, which means we’re inclusive, identity affirming, and youth-centered.
The Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you are interested in our team and this role!
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
Your application has been successfully submitted.