Senior Software Engineer
About Our Company
Discern is a compliance operating system. We distill complex requirements into actions.
The Team You’ll Work With
We’re currently a small team with big aspirations. You will be starting as a founding engineering team member working directly with the VP, Engineering, Principal Engineer, Lead Product Designer, and all co-founders. We’re a highly collaborative group with extensive experience in both corporate and tech startup environments. You will be involved in the architecture, design, and engineering of our software platform with particular involvement in the development of our brand-new user interface.
What We're Looking For
Your Impact at Discern
- You will work closely with our Product Owners and Lead Product Designer to support the production of high-quality, realizable user interface designs that solve business problems
- Provide input into the user interface technologies, patterns, and practices that form the UI of our system
- Responsible for the delivery of the user interface for the first version of our solution
- You will work as part of the wider engineering team, providing input and sharing experiences related to cloud, server-side processing, database design as well as development and operational best practices
- Report directly to our VP of Engineering
- You are passionate about building user interfaces and seek to make them delightful, reusable, secure, and stable
- You are adept at debugging software defects and regression testing to prevent issues from resurfacing
- You know how to break down complex designs into small, accessible, and reusable components
- You are an expert in integrating modern user interfaces with REST APIs and third-party services used for capabilities such as Single Sign On
- You are excited to be part of a new, lean engineering team starting in a green field and planning to move swiftly to get a solution to market
- You are passionate about code quality and reusable design, and enjoy learning every day
- Previous relevant experience developing B2B SaaS systems is a bonus
- Competitive Salary between $150,000 and $175,000 p.a.
- Generous Equity
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Sponsored out-of-office events - yes we will have fun!
- 20 days PTO (with roll-over) and 13 federal holidays
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discern distills complex compliance requirements into actions.